Radnor’s Complete List of Clubs and Activities 2019

Radnor Editorial Staff

The Radnor High School Activities Fair was hosted on September 26, 2019. Below are a list of all of Radnor High School Clubs. 

Additional information can be found on Radnor High School’s page on rtsd.org, under the “Activities” tab. All information is based off each activity’s page on the site. If there are any inaccuracies, please leave a comment on this article or email [email protected] with the appropriate corrections. This piece will be continuously updated as information is corrected. 

Music Clubs

• Acapella Ensembles
    • -Men’s Ensemble: B-Sharps
    • -Women’s Ensemble: Madrigals
    • -Mixed Ensemble: Pro-Musica
    • See Dr. Glenny, Rm.152
  • Color Guard/Indoor Guard
    • See Maria Drew, Band room
  • Euterpe Music Club
  • Members include student musicians and poets as wel as students interested in pursuing a career in light and sound engineering. As a member of Euterpe, you will have the opportunity to perform at a monthly coffeehouse concerts and fundraising events.
    • See Dr. McGay or Mrs. Perez
  • Percussion Drum Line Ensemble
    • See Mr. Drew or Maria Drew, Band room

Community Service Clubs

• Action Earth
    • See Ms. Trozzo
  • Best Buddies
    • We are a nationally and internationally recognized organization (founded by the Kennedy family) who pairs peers of typical intellect with those who have an intellectual disability.
    • See Ms. Civitella or Ms. Leo, Rm. 006
  • Care for Cancer
    • See Mr. King
  • CHOP Club
    • CHOP club exists to support the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Through various community events and fundraisers, our goal is to raise money to bring toys and books to children at CHOP.
    • See Mr. Krupp
  • Combating Crohn’s
    • See Ms. Silverman
  • Helping Friends in Uganda
    • See TBD
  • Homeless Youth Project
    • Our mission is to aid homeless youth by collecting and donating essential items to regional youth shelters. We aim to raise awareness of the issue of homelessness among youth in our surrounding communities.
    • See Ms. Wess
  • Kids for Kids
    • Kids for Kids is a club designed to give the students of Radnor easy volunteer work outside of school.  This club will fundraise and organize trips to the Silver Springs Martin Luther School in Plymouth Meeting.  Silver Springs – Martin Luther School offers a holistic approach to improving the developmental, emotional, educational, and social well-being of children and families who have experienced trauma.
    • See Ms. Staiber
  • Kindness Crew Club
    • See Ms. McLaughlin
  • Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) Club
    • The purpose of this club is to raise funds and awareness for blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and Hodgkin’s disease.
    • See Ms. Trozzo
  • Opioid Crisis Club
    • See Ms. LaTorre
  • Paws 4 Persons
    • See Ms. Kleiman
  • Radnor Glamour
    • GlamourGals is a national non-profit foundation dedicated to connecting teens to isolated elderly residents in nursing homes. During the club visits, students spend time with the residents by giving them makeovers. 
    • See Ms. Staiber
  • Roots and Shoots
    • The mission of Roots and Shoots is to enhance environmental awareness and stability both at Radnor High School and our surrounding community. We will accomplish this goal by instilling environmental knowledge through group dialogue, as well as participating in a variety of community service activities.
    • See Mr. Ridley or Mr. Daryoush, Rm. 238
  • Service Board
    • The Radnor High School Service Board is a student run community service club that takes the initiative to provide for and support the local community and surrounding Philadelphia area at large.
    • See Ms. Peterson 
  • Spanish Service Club
    • See Ms. Alfonso
  • Thirst Project
    • The purpose of this club is to help fundraise for the Thirst Project, goal is to build a Radnor-funded well and spread awareness about the water crisis to our community.
    • See Ms. Civitella

Science Clubs

• Annenberg Science Symposium
    • The purpose of the club is to chose a recent medical innovation, do literature research on the topic and prepare a 30 minute presentation to be given with other area high schools at Bryn Mawr Hospital in the spring.
    • See Mr. Thomas
  • Chemistry Club
    • See TBD 
  • Head and Heart Club
    • Promoting the science and practice of mind-body connections for high school students as they develop partnerships and mentors for younger students.
    • See Mr. Cane or Ms. O’Rourke
  • International Youth Neuroscience Association
    • The IYNA is an international network of high school clubs dedicated to sharing our knowledge of and passion for neuroscience.
    • See Ms. O’Rourke or Mr. Cane
  • iPad Art Club
    • See TBD
  • Microsoft Registered Refurbishers
    • Microsoft Registered Refurbishers (MRR) is a service club that refurbishes the district’s older technology. Once refurbished, the club gives the computers to students and community members who do not have any technology and have requested a computer. 
    • See Ms. Holshue, Cafeteria
  • Radnor Robotics
    • Radnor Robotics competes in the Vex Robotics Competition.
    • See Mr. Delany and Mr. Krupp, 204
  • Radnor STEM Journal
    • This club will provide an outlet for students to showcase their writing skills while exploring STEM related topics.  It is ideally for students who enjoy both journalism and STEM.
    • See Mr. Kim
  • SeaPerch
    • See Mr. Leister
  • USABO (Biology Olympiad)
    • The USA Biology Olympiad (USABO) is one of the premier High School Biology competitions in the world. The competition has four rounds: an open exam, a semifinal competition, a national finals round, and the international competition. This competition is open to any student interested in Biology. 
    • See TBD
  • Video Game Club
    • See Mr. Issard

Art/Media Clubs

• Art Club
    • Radnor HS Art Club provides students the opportunity to creatively build community among one another and to promote the arts through special events, exhibitions and community outreach.
    • See Ms. Dean, Art room
  • Facets
    • FACETS is Radnor High School’s poetry/creative writing club where students have a platform for their written, as well as visual expression. Throughout the year, students plan and host club events and engage in critiquing sessions during “coffee houses” of their literary work. Publication opportunities appear regularly in partnership with our school newspaper, Radnorite. 
    • See Mr. Kim
  • Radnor Actors Workshop (RAW)
    • The Radnor Actors Workshop serves all students who wish to participate in theatrical events. Radnor Actors Workshop consists of a Fall Play and Spring Improv, as well as the Radnor Badgers Stage Crew. Students also manage an Improv Club and Acting Club that meets throughout the school year.
    • See Mr. Dietzler, Rm. 164
  • Radnor Community Musicians
    • Join us and share your musical talent in nursing homes and senior living centers. Serve the community, practice performing and meet other musicians. We currently play at the Rosemont Golden Living Center once a month on Saturdays.
    • See Mr. Drew
  • Radnor Ravers/Poi
    • The Radnor Ravers/Poi exist to promote Raving light shows! The primary focus is to prepare for the LM Light Show!  It is always FANTASTIC!!!
    • See Lord Gaiser
  • Radnorite
    • The Radnorite is the student-run newspaper. It is published an ongoing publication that is distributed online at www.radnorite.com. It includes a variety of sections including Radnor Beat, Arts, Opions, Currents, and Sports.
    • See Mr. Dunbar or Mr. Payne
  • RadTV
    • RADTV is the Radnor Township School District educational access television station, which broadcasts on Comcast cable channel 8 and Verizon cable channel 31. RADTV is also an extracurricular club where students are given the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of video production through the creation of various programs for the television station. Check out radnortv.com
    • See Ms. Krohn
  • Spring Musical
    • Radnor High School presents Les Misérables, coming Spring 2020. 
    • See Dr. Glenny
  • Technical Theatre/Stage Crew/Radnor Badgers
    • The Radnor Badgers are the elite members of the Stage Crew, sworn to excellence in all things technical theatre. All are welcome  to join, and be part of this tech-savvy bunch. We safely build sets, focus and program lights, set up microphones, paint scenery, find props, stage manage, spotlight performers, organize our shops, and make all scene changes in any event less than 30 seconds. No exceptions.
    • See Mr. Dietzler, Rm. 164
  • Yearbook
    • The Yearbook Club is responsible for producing the annual Radnor High School yearbook. Students have the opportunity to study basic photography, layout and design, and distribution.
    • See Mr. Miller, 008

Foreign Language Clubs

• Ancient Greek Club
    • The Ancient Greek Club was formed to provide an opportunity for RHS students to study the ancient Greek language. Dr. McGay will tutor anyone interested in learning ancient Greek, beginning with the Attic dialect.
    • See Dr. McGay
  • Latin Club
    • See Dr. McGay

Athletics/Hobbies Clubs

• Badminton Club
    • The Radnor Badminton Club (RBC) is a new club that encourages students who enjoy playing badminton to join. 
    • See Mr. Busza 
  • Chess Club
    • See TBD
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
    • See Mr. Krupp
  • Fishing Club
    • Welcome to the Radnor Fishing Club!  This exclusive club is open to everyone, new members are always welcome!
    • See Mr. Busza
  • Sailing Club
    • See TBD
  • Squash Club
    • Radnor High School Squash (RHSSQ) has Varsity and Junior Varsity teams, as well as a practice squad. Boys and girls will play on a mixed squad.  We practice and hold our matches at Fairmount Athletic Club in King of Prussia, PA.  We will play matches against local public and private schools, and we are a member of the Mid-Atlantic Squash Association, or MASA.  
    • See Mr. Wright

Speech/Opinion Clubs

• Breakfast and Philosophy
    • See Mr. Rosin
  • Competitive Debate Club
    • See Mr. Thomas
  • Ethics Bowl
    • Ethics Bowl is a competitive yet collaborative place in which students discuss real-life ethical issues. Teams take turns analyzing cases about complex ethical dilemmas and responding to questions and comments from the other team and from a panel of judges.
    • See Mr. Rosin
  • Model Congress
    • Model Congress provides high school students with the unique opportunity to participate in simulated legislative sessions modeled after the United States Congress. For four days, students from all over the country become the nation’s elected leaders, discussing foreign and domestic policy questions and drafting legislation to address contemporary issues. 
    • See Ms. Civitella, Rm. 108
  • Model U.N.
    • We are a club comprised of sophomores, juniors and seniors interested in international relations and in seeking solutions to global issues and conflicts. To this end, we prepare for and compete at high school Model United Nations conferences throughout the school year, simulating roles as delegates to the United Nations.
    • See Mr. Dunbar and Mr. Spear, Rm. 117
  • Public Forum Debate Club
    • See Mr. Thomas
  • Radnor Activism Club
    • The purpose of this club is to inform and encourage students of the Radnor community to take action on current issues that they feel passionate about.  The Radnor Activism club will educate students about the topics, allowing them to form their own opinions, so that they feel inclined to get involved.
    • See Ms. O’Rourke
  • RHS Chapter of Junior State of America
    • The RHS Chapter of Junior State of America holds exciting political discussions and debates, focusing on current and contentious political issues. 
    • See Mr. McBride
  • Young Democrats Club
    • The Radnor High School Young Democrats works in conjunction with the local Radnor Democrats to engage our community in politics at a local level. This club facilitates discussions on important issues, provides our members with volunteering opportunities, and gives our members the opportunity to attend township, state, and national events and meet candidates and politicians. 
    • See Mrs. Myers
  • Young Republicans Club
    • Radnor High School Young Republicans was started in 2012 with a mission to unite republican students at the high school, encourage students to understand issues, use our resources to help the community, and share our vision as young students for the future of this country. During our meetings we stand united as we discuss political issues, community service activities, and campaign/get out the vote events.
    • See Ms. Civitella

Academic Clubs

• Battle of the Books (Reading Olympics)
    • Battle of the Books is a club that focuses on creating literacy and the enjoyment of reading. By collectively reading a number of books ranging from science fiction to classics, students bond as a group and explore their passion for reading and discussing works of literature.
    • See Dr. Swinehart and Mrs. Wetzel
  • Hi-Q
    • See Mr. Spear
  • Math Club
    • Members of the Radnor Math Club participate in mathematically challenging competitions throughout the year in various forms. League competitions are three rounds of in-person competition with local schools including Conestoga, Marple Newtown and Lower Merion.
    • See Ms. Daley and Ms. Benedict
  • Physics Olympics
    • Physics Olympics is a competition between ten area high schools in a series of events that test physics knowledge, understanding, and implementation. We have three competitions a year where students participate in three types of events. 
    • See Ms. Craft, 235
  • SAT Club
    • See Ms. McGrath

Professional Clubs

• Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
    • Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
    • See Mr. Horner

Culture Clubs

• Asian Culture Club
    • See Mr. Shih
  • Black Student Union
    • See Ms. La Torre and Mr. Dean Thomas
  • Sexuality & Gender Alliance (Formerly Gay-Straight Alliance)
    • The Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA), established in 2001, has always been committed to promoting the development of a safe and respectful community, with special focus on LGBTQ people and all allies. In 2015, we renamed the GSA to SAGA: the Sexuality and Gender Alliance.
    • See Mr. Rosin or Ms. Kulp

Honor Clubs

• Honor Council
    • The mission of the Honor Council is to communicate and uphold the Honor Code at Radnor High School. Members of the Honor Council coordinate the promotion of academic honor throughout the school/community: they represent the school at the annual Leadership & Ethics Conference, participate in the training of freshmen and the dissemination of Academic Honor Code information to faculty, and organize and join in ad hoc events.
    • See Mr. Rosin
  • National Honor Society
    • The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character. 
    • See Mrs. Peterson

Radnor Service Clubs 

• Amnesty International
    • Amnesty International works both at home and abroad to tackle the most pressing human rights violations.
    • See Ms. Myers
  • Post Prom
    • The RHS Post Prom Party is an AMAZING event that will be one of the highlights of your child’s time at RHS.   It is a free event for all RHS Seniors that offers a safe drug-free and alcohol-free place for our kids to spend a late night/early morning with their friends!  It takes place immediately following the Senior Prom at RHS. 
  • Product Project
    • The purpose of this club is to raise funds to supply feminine products to a local food pantry.
    • See Dr. Swinehart
  • Radnor Interact
    • Radnor Interact is a community service club dedicated to our Radnor community. 
    • See Mr. Dietzler
  • Radnor Peer Tutoring
    • Radnor Peer Tutoring is a free service provided for any student at RHS. Comprised primarily of members of Radnor High School’s National Honor Society (NHS), student volunteers donate their time to assist in tutoring peers in areas of need.
    • See Mr. Bechtold
  • Student Ambassadors
    • The mission of the RHS Student Ambassadors is to promote positive contributions to the RHS community through Leadership in RHS events and Service in school and the greater community. RHS Students Ambassadors represent varied student groups within RHS and aim to continually encourage a positive RHS community climate.
    • See Ms. Roseland
  • Student Government
    • The student government facilitates communication within the school among the classes and between the students and the administration. Class officers are leaders of class activities.
    • See Ms. Pearsall
  • Student Library Board
    • The Radnor Library Board is a group of students that volunteer their time and talents to help improve our school library. Students host monthly book discussions. The Club also plans and hosts author visits. Students add to our library by creating displays and volunteering in the library.
    • See Ms. Wetzel
  • Students Helping Students
    • The mission of Students Helping Students is to reduce, reuse, and re-educate. By providing books and school supplies through twice yearly Book Drives, we give many less fortunate students opportunities to become the future leaders of our society. The Radnor Chapter of Students Helping Students pairs with the SHS organization to help Philadelphia students in need. 
    • See Ms. Wetzel
  • Student2Scholar
    • Student2Scholar’s purpose is to balance the scales of the inequity in the public education system, where the supporting resources are directly proportional to the financial health of the respective community, using the power and passion of youth. With both a tutoring and a mentoring program, Student2Scholar’s goal is to create a program that instills respect, in addition to other core values that will support underserved students to take pride in their culture and succeed further in life.
    • See Ms. Mastro 
  • Radnor Raiders
    • The purpose of this club is to coordinate rallies for all football functions.
    • See Ms. Civitella or Ms. Reardon